OPEN MANDATE AT THE CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
The open access policy (open mandate) - is a legal obligation of the authors of scientific papers to publish the works in open access. This obligation may be imposed by the employer (scientific unit), institution financing research or the legislator.
Open Access Policy Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology
Guided by the principles of transparency and desiring to provide everyone with open and unlimited access to knowledge, and taking into account the benefits of extensive cooperation and exchange of knowledge, the following Open Access Policy is being introduced at the T. Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology.
In the Open Access Policy, hereinafter referred to as "Policy", the following definitions of terms shall be used:
a) publications in scientific journals,
b) publications in peer-reviewed conference materials,
c) scientific monographs and chapters in scientific monographs,
d) doctoral dissertations,
2) "golden path" - publishing in open journals and scientific books,
3) "green path" - depositing in the repository,
4) "repository" - an IT tool for depositing and storing
and sharing on the Internet scientific achievements of a scientific institution or specific fields of science, used to deposit publications.
This Policy does not violate the obligations under the Regulations for the management of copyright, related rights, industrial property rights and the principles of the commercialization of research results and development works at the Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology, in particular, the obligation of authors to disseminate scientific works in a way that does not lead to the deprivation of legal protection of other creative results (i.e., for example, the possibility of obtaining a patent for an invention described in the work).
1. This Policy applies to the employees, PhD students and students of the Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology as well as other people with whom the Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology concluded agreements providing for the application of the Policy.
2. The policy applies to publications, in particular those created as a result of financing from public funds, in which the Tadeusz Kościuszko Cracow University of Technologyhas been provided in the affiliation
1. The authors provide open access to the publication by public disclosure so that everyone could access it in a place and time of their choice and the possibility of free and unlimited technical use of it together with granting a free Creative Commons license by implementing the principle of parallel paths:
1) publishing in peer-reviewed open journals and scientific books (the golden path) and depositing them in the Repository of the Cracow University of Technology,
2) depositing the electronic form of the final version of the publication, possibly the author's version or the version allowed by the publisher's policy (the green path) in the Repository of the Cracow University of Technology.
2. The rules for submitting Publications to the Repository of the Cracow University of Technology and the method of making them available are set out in the Rules of the Repository of the Cracow University of Technology.
3. The public access referred to in § 4 par. 1 shall be provided as soon as possible after the acceptance of the work for publication.
4. The authors of publications are in particular obliged to make every effort to agree on the implementation of the obligation indicated in § 4 par. 1:
1) with publishers and other users of publications (e.g. organizers of scientific conferences), including granting for publication non-exclusive licenses that do not contain provisions limiting or excluding the possibility to perform the obligation specified in § 4 par. 1
2) with co-authors of publications (in the case of co-author works) as well with the authors of the originals (in the case of works constituting the study, e.g. translation of the already existing publications).
5. In the event that the performance of the obligation specified in § 4 par. 1 is not possible, this obligation is considered to have been executed if the author of the publication makes and documents his efforts to open the publication.
The scientific journals issued by the Cracow University of Technology or its units should be published in an open access model with the use of free Creative Commons licenses.
1. The Coordinator for Open Access Affairs at the Cracow University of Technology is appointed by the Rector of the University.
2. The tasks of the Open Access Coordinator include:
1) coordination of work related to the creation, maintenance and development of open access infrastructure at the T. KościuszkoCracow University of Technology,
2) advice on the best practices consistent with the Policy,
3) education of the recipients of the Policy regarding open access to publications,
4) monitoring the implementation of the Policy and reporting, once a year, to the Rector of the Cracow University of Technology,
5) publishing a report on the implementation of the Policy for the previous year on the website of the T. Kościuszko Cracow University of Technology, no later than by the end of the first quarter of the following year.
1. The direct superior of a newly hired employee of the Cracow University of Technology is obliged to familiarize him with the Policy.
2. Employees of the Cracow University of Technology document the actions taken in relation to the obligations arising from the Policy, store the documentation and make it available if necessary.
3. The rules set out in the Policy apply to publications created after the entry into force of this Policy.